Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Opening Day Delayed a Week

We're disappointed to announce that Brimacombe's opening day will be delayed one week until Saturday, December 14.
After making the announcement last Friday night that we intended to open Saturday, December 7, the forecast took the fateful turn in the wrong direction and quashed any hopes of making snow this week. Had the rain not happened (and continued to happen) and/or the temperatures dropped low enough to make snow, it could have been different, but Mother Nature has not played nice
While the slopes remain white in some areas, we simply don't have the complete snow coverage we need to spread and groom to get us open this weekend; however, the forecast for the upcoming week is looking great for snowmaking and we plan to crank the guns into high gear as soon as temperatures drop low enough.

Our sights are now set on Saturday, December 14 at 9:00 a.m. We hope to see you here!